In April 1, 2007, the JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) established standards for all American Hospitals relative to disruptive physicians.
These new standards have opened a floodgate for psychologists, psychiatrists and coaches to become immediate experts on providing intervention for “disruptive physicians” with or without credible training or experience.
What to look for in an Executive Coach for Physicians
Some tips for selecting a reputable provider:
* What is the intervention model used?
* Does the model include an assessment component?
* Is the assessment specifically designed for anger, stress, communication and empathy?
* Does the model include a Pre and Post Test?
* Is aftercare included?
* Does the intervention include psychotherapy or psychotropic medication?
* Is the intervention provided on-site?
* Does the intervention include envivo observation?
* Ask for a list of Hospitals for which the provider has provided this intervention.
* See if the provider is listed with the Federation of Medical Licensing Boards.
By George Anderson, MSW, BCD, CAMF, CEAP http://www.andersonservices.com/
Anger Management Institute of Texas is a certified Anderson & Anderson Anger Management – Executive Coaching Provider
Anger Management Classes available 7 days a week in Houston, Texas.
Gregory A. Kyles, M.A., LPC, CEAP, CAMF
Director, Anger Management Institute of Texas
Diplomate, President of Texas Chapter
American Association of Anger Management Providers